Mom came the next week to do her spring show at the BJCC called Cottontails. The show ended on Sunday and we left at 4:30am Mon..... headed to North Carolina to keep my brother's 3 kids. My bother's family will be moving to San Antonio in June, so he and my sister-in-law went to look for a house.
I might have 5 pictures of the entire week because I took care of 5 kids this week... ages 13 mths, 2 1/2, 9, 12, and 15. I never knew what it was like to get up and get lunches ready, kids out the door by 7:30, after school activities, homework, washing clothes (make sure teenager had her favorite jeans clean and someone had favorite "undies" to wear), dinner, then bath and bed on time....NO ONE got to bed until 10:00... whew!!!
It was hard work, but I really enjoyed ever minute of it. I've realized I love spending time with family and feel that it's important my kids know their cousins.
I usually got some alone time in the car with each niece/nephew and got to know them individually. Gracie is my god child and I'm so proud of her grades and drive to play ball. John Tanner and Walker loved her too. She scared me to death on the ride home one day because she was completely white and about to throw up out the window because she was car sick.
John Paul and John Tanner... the 2 John's.... they were BIG buddies this week. All the way home, John Tanner would say, I want to see John Paul. He took up a lot of time with him playing ball with him and doing whatever he asked him to do. John Paul and I studied spelling words and 7 times tables. We studied the 7 tables every night.. and he made a 100%! I was so proud of him...I'm not use to being on the other side where you are held accountable for the grade. I can't wait to watch John Paul play sports... he's going to be AWESOME!!!
My cousin Jerri came to visit from Winston Salem for a few days. It's always great to see her and catch up on the "all natural world"..... she took me to Whole foods and Trader Joe's where I found some of my new favorite products... another post.
Yummy sushi... we made it one night!!!
We went to see one of Gracie's games on Saturday.
As you can see, my boy's LOVED these kids..... but...
Where's Maddie?? Maddie left at 7:45AM every morning and I didn't pick her up until 8/9:00 ish some nights and then practiced on Saturday.... Talk about a good kid... she's the oldest and was always checking on the other 2 making sure they were ok when she got home, making sure they had homework, stuff for lunch, and looking for their ride. She got her homework at school, on the weekend for the next week, and cheered on a team with a hurt hip. I'm in awe of her dedication and drive.... I can't wait to see what TX has in store for the family!!!! Side note...as I sat in the high school parking lot watching the high school kids walking by...it was hard to NOT think about my days at this age... it's a fun time!
John Tannerism at 2 1/2....
Anything electric and that he can do himself...
1. Putting clothes in washer, pouring the detergent, shutting the top....he says, " I CAN DO IT"
2.He wants me to put the wet clothes on his toilet (that he hasn't used by the way) so he can put clothes in the dryer and turn it on.."I CAN DO IT"
3. He MUST clean out the lint...which is a good thing to remember
4.He wants to open the front door with the key...even on rainy days...this can test my patients:)!
5.Put cd's in the dvd... he can switch tv to dvr mode and play them
6. He knows about the "pause" button, safety child lock button at top, how to turn the tv on and off, and play Diego from the "list"... scary!!
7. He always wants to have the "night night bell" set on the microwave.. as you can imagine if it goes off during the day he wants to know.... "IS it's time to go night night??? SO... now we name EVERYTHING... the bacon bell, the oatmeal bell, the bath bell.... and on and on and on
After a trip to Fairhope, and NC, he went to stay in Wetumpka with Pops and Haha last weekend and look what he got... A NEW tricycle... Haha had the best idea to pull him along.
Tanner kept Walker and John Tanner and I went for a ride. We stopped at the fields to play chase and throw the ball. On the way home he wanted to pull the bike.. of course.. that's more fun huh?!! On our walk this is what he told me.... "look mommy you see the S" I said, "oh yes.. you think it stands for Sumners like John Tanner Sumners." He giggled and loved that idea. Then he said ......
"Look Mommy... you see the cross?" I said "no, where's the cross?" I'm speechless... I enjoyed the moment, the mystery and his faith as a 2 1/2 year old. Sweet John Tanner.. I just want to grab you and kiss and hug you sometimes... thanks for reminding me about the meaning of Easter and the cross.
I know God will protect him as he rides his new tricycle.. Thanks for the beautiful gift Pops and Haha!!
Lastly, We are talking about a BIG BOY bed. Walker is sleeping more through the night, but wakes up sometimes crying. So, we are working on John Tanner moving into the big boy bed and out of the pack n play in our room. He loves the bed. he gets in it and reads in it, but hasn't slept through the night in it... maybe once we move this summer!!!
Walkerisms....
And then there's Sweet Wawa.....
1. Walker is known by all to be "on the move"
2. He wants to be wherever John Tanner is and playing with him, but it depends on John Tanner's mood whether that's going to happen, so he normally gets upset and does his own thing.
3. He really doesn't care for pureed food anymore.. he loves to eat chunks of food and whatever we are eating. If he doesn't like it he will most definitely throw it on the ground and get upset.
4. Most nights he goes to sleep at 7:30 and wakes up about 6ish.5. He likes the pacifier more than John Tanner, but when it's not in his mouth he was the biggest smile. I wish I had more pictures to share, but I'm chasing him most of the time, then wondering if John Tanner is ok.
6. He still takes a morning nap about 8-9 and then afternoon about 12-3.
7. You love to play with the ball-a-palooza.. any balls in the house actually!!
8.You aren't afraid to go to others.
9. Class clown and always adventurous
10. Most favorite gift you give me....before I put you down, you put your head on my shoulder and tuck your legs in and I sing you a song... when you wake up, you sometimes sit on the couch with me and put your head to my head and look straight into my eyes... I know you know I love you and you love me too! What a gift!!
This was our last music class....we sing and roll the balls to the tune of the song.
We've been taking music class with Mrs. Susie since John Tanner was little. It's fun to watch the boys get into the songs...
Sit with friends like Henry...
Only in this Montessori approach can mixed ages participate together and learn from each other and other adults.
The class always ends with the instrument song and this is the highlight of the class because each child no matter the age gets to chose with instrument or instruments they will play
Last but not least....
Sometimes I feel like I'm just climbing the mountain and barley making it to the next place... but we are always dressed and almost on time.... This year a friend and I went to visit mom at the Cottontail show and shop a little. My friend decided she was going to take her daughter's picture with the "scary" Easter bunny... (his eye's are a little scary)... anyway.. in her cute spring outfit.... Can I just say it was snowing that day and I didn't get a picture last year so I decided I better get one today....
Well... Christmas and Easter Walker is wearing the same thing....Gotta love it.. but I got it done!
Happy Spring!!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment