background

Monday, August 16, 2010

6 weeks and enjoying the meantime

John Tanner went with me to my 6 weeks check up and got to meet Dr. Kennedy.  Over the past two years, Dr. Kennedy and her staff have supported us through everything!!  Thanks for bringing me into the world Dr. Kennedy!!! 


I had a BBTN show at my house this past weekend.  It was wonderful seeing all the clothes hung up in my house.  Ashley, the mastermind, has done a fantastic job with this line of clothes.    


Madison McLaughlin, my former student, got to meet John Tanner.  She is my Ole Miss girl!!!  Her family is so precious.  Thanks for visiting Madison, Mamie, and Pat.  We like AL too Pat:)!


Madison gave "baby Sumners" an Ole Miss outfit at the shower in April. John Tanner wore it the other day because he is out growing all of his clothes.  Hopefully he will be able to wear it during football season!!  Hotty Toddy!!!!  




I love the pillow too Madison!!!  The monogramming is from Sew Precious..don't you LOVE the font:) 


Harper, Barrett, and Jennifer came by to meet John Tanner.  Barrett did a great job holding John Tanner....what a natural.  Thanks for coming by and for the safari puzzle!  

Bentley got some "much needed" attention from Harper.  You know he loved that:)!!

We thought it was time to get Bentley his own bed, instead of lying in John Tanner's moses basket.  I wish I had a picture of that:)!! We have to call his new bed.... "place." 




Our baby boy is changing and doing so many new things.  One of our favorite times of the day is when he wakes up.  He makes so many funny faces and talks and talks.  He always wakes up in the best mood.....he must take after his mommy!!
~FACES OF JOHN TANNER~









He also stretches about 10 times.  He will throw his arm in the air.  Someone sent us this card and I think it's hilarious...it looks just like him.  





We have a play date with Ella once a week. We love getting out and strolling around the village.  Notice, we are in front of CVS.  Lauren and I had to "run errands" during our walk.... bank, CVS, air up the tire at the Shell station, then lunch at Tracey's.  

Guess what I did for the first time in 10 years... IRONED!!!  Thanks to Mama Helen... I was introduced to magic sizing and John Tanner has ironed diaper shirts and day gowns!!


Thanks to The Harts, The Findleys, and The Sumners for putting the blue bows on our hospital door, front door at home, and our mailbox.  It's a sad day, but I guess it's time to take the blue bows down....it's the little things in life:)!  







We've enjoyed being home this last week.  We've rested and gotten in a great routine.  However, this is going to change on Wednesday.  We are headed back to Destin for the Sumners' family vacation.  John Tanner and I will meet Dr. Sumners in Montgomery. We will ride with him to the beach to meet Mama Helen and Aunt Shea.  Unfortunately, Tanner and Uncle Scott will not be there.  We are excited about our trip and hope to take lots of pictures to share with you.  Who doesn't LOVE the beach??!!!  


I've slacked on the pictures this week because I've been taking SO many on my new iphone.  It's easy to grab and snap a picture or quick video. I've promised myself I will continue to take pictures and post them on the blog... which will be John Tanner's baby book at the end of the year.  Thanks for the great idea Shelly and Angela!!


I have to admit that I absolutely LOVE being a mommy, but I miss being at HES.  I've thought a lot about the kids I taught last year and how they are doing as first graders.  I've also thought a lot about the teachers.  To all that read, have a great year and thanks for keeping in touch....miss you!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment