The Walker/Sumners annual beach trip was in Myrtle Beach this year. We decided to give my brother's family in High Point, NC a break from driving and travel 1,000 miles round trip for the summer vacation! We stayed in Oceanlakes "campground/compound."
We had an awesome 4 bedroom 3 bath house and for the first time ever, everyone had their own room. Most of the kids still slept together in the living room. I'm sure they hated hearing John Tanner and I every morning at 6am. We took many long walks and golf cart rides early in the AM.
When we finally made it.... all I could think about is the movie National Lampoon's Vacation. It was like we had made it to Wally World....this place was insane!!It was very family and kid friendly however it was like.... Margaritaville meets Nascar.....if that makes sense. I guess that would make more sense if I would of photographed the RV park and several of the way the houses were decorated. I don't think there's any other place on earth like this place. The kids had a BLAST cruising around on the golf carts, getting ice cream everyday at the Sandy Mart, fishing in the ponds, feeding the ducks, swimming in the 3 pools, playing goofy golf, riding bikes, and of course riding the waves.
You never had to leave this place:)!!
You never had to leave this place:)!!
With all the traffic..... 8 hours turned into 11 hours! You can imagine what he is thinking and the screams and squeals coming from the back seat around the 10th hour! Lots of singing... Wheels on the bus and Old Mc Donald had a Farm:)!!
Our house...Sheri and Johnny's friend.... Sheri and Al Kruise
SERIOUSLY... have you EVER seen this many people on the beach at one time??
Tanner would get mad at me because I would sit right in front of someone...he would claim I was being rude....but you couldn't avoid it!!!
I wasn't use to the tide going in late afternoon...there was a lot more beach!
The late afternoon definitely looked completely different.
No white beaches either.... but change is good!!
Tanner would get mad at me because I would sit right in front of someone...he would claim I was being rude....but you couldn't avoid it!!!
I wasn't use to the tide going in late afternoon...there was a lot more beach!
The late afternoon definitely looked completely different.
No white beaches either.... but change is good!!
~~HAPPY 4TH OF JULY~~
Getting ready for the "golf cart" 4th of July parade.
Everyone decorated their golf carts for the parade.....
The kids had fun catching beads and candy....
John Tanner definitely learned how to say....HEEEYY!! Thanks to Koko and Jerri!! He loved waving his hand and of course with a big smile!!
SOO HOT!!!
~Going to the Beach~
Uncle Johnny.... lost 50 lbs!
Grayson and John Paul loved playing with each other!
Gracie and Emme loved playing with each other!
And of course, they loved including John Tanner. He was like one of the big kids on this trip....playing in the sand, riding in the wagon and golf cart, climbing steps, taking a shower in the outside shower, and eating ice cream:)!
Walking into the water
This picture sort of sums up the way you felt about the beach....you absolutely LOVED it!!
~Family Photos~
Sumners Family
Everyone except Erica and Pappaw Roy!
Precious babies
Danny Walker Family
Johnny Walker Family
Cute Christmas Card
Maddie and Baylie
The Boys
John Tanner and Tanner didn't make the picture because it was past John Tanner's bed time:(!
The Girls
~Hanging out with Family~
Swinging with Jerri.....
Jerri came to visit from Wilmington.
Swinging and talking downstairs...watching the boys ride bikes
The kids brought their bikes and scooter. They would follow behind the golf cart.
Reading books...Thank you Joseph for reading all of John Tanner's favorite books... Wheels on the Bus and Old McDonald!
Walking Pappaw Roy on the beach
Finding shells with Uncle Danny... I couldn't keep you out of the water. I couldn't believe how you liked the sand.... that's our boy!!!
Like always... walking in and out of the water!!
Pappaw Roy and the grand babies!!
There's nothing like being with family and all the memories we made.
Thanks for planning a great trip Sheri and Johnny!!
No comments:
Post a Comment