background

Friday, September 30, 2011

Happy 15 Months

There are so many things to tell about this month....
 Do I say that every month??
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have to be honest, but the separation anxiety has kicked in full force.  When someone talks to you, you often give them a look like, "who are you" or you look at me and almost always grab me thinking, "are you going to leave me??" 
You cry when I drop you off at the nursery for church and Bible Study.  They say you do OK especially if you are eating, or if Ms. Fortune plays with you.....but when I pick you up you look at me and cry..... I mean sob......really hard.....it's heartbreaking:(!!

Pops told me this would happen between 12-18 months, yep.... at 14 months it did, but we are working through it. 
You and Daddy stayed at Pops and Mama Helen's house, for 2 nights last weekend.  They said you did GREAT away from Me....which is exciting!! 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Highlights from this month
*You notice the sound of the airplane in the sky. You will look up and point.

*You notice the leaves on the ground.  You will point to them saying....uh, uh....like what is that??

*You also point to the new tiki torches in the backyard....especially if they are lit!  You are a curious little boy...which I love!!

* You like to "give 5" now....which is fun!!

*I wish I could record this and I've tried, but the way you say DUCK.... is oh so cute.  It's almost like you are holding back and trying to pronounce the D.... and the rest of the word can't come out without hesitation.  For the record... every time I try to record you....you grab and cry for the iPhone.

* You also want to feed yourself now, using the spoon or fork.  You get really upset if I try to feed you your yogurt, cereal, cream corn:)!!  It's exciting, but wow it can be messy.  You usually start out with your left hand, then switch to your right hand.  You are getting better with you right hand.
*Family time on the weekends are the BEST......We went out to Tannehill State Park the first Saturday we were home.... IN MONTHS!! Your daddy has a LOVE for the outdoors, and of course, we were checking out the fishing!  Well, to be honest I love the outdoors too. 

*Your first time in the water.  We definitely need to get some better shoes for this type outdoor play.




*Feeding the ducks for the first time.


*Only you would want to eat the bread!

*NO bikes etc... but they didn't say anything about "color rollers:)"!!

You went up and down and up and down and up and down....so your dad and I just took a seat and watched you.  I think at this moment your dad realized it wasn't about his wants and needs anymore.  You were having a blast!!

You would check every so often to make sure we were still there.  You would laugh and laugh!!  Everyone that passed by had a blast watching you.  I guess we both realized it's the simply things in life and taking the time to enjoy it!!

*Learning a little GOLF.... 




*Sunday's at the field....
When you and Daddy got back from Mama Helens and Pops house we spent some time at the fields.  I had to get a few pictures of you in your new Ole Miss jersey.  Ole Miss  may not be any good this year, but you look precious in your new jeresy!!

The first thing you wanted to do when you got to the field was practice your "front roll."  Yes, the gymnast in me has introduced you to front rolls....and you love doing them!! 







*Soccer...kick, kick!!




*You still LOVE LOVE LOVE reading.  Every morning we watch a few cartoons, then we read several books, then listen to your Music CD. 


*Lastly, ELECTRONICS..... O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D!!!!!!!

Nothing makes you happier than looking at pictures and videos of yourself on the iPhone. I'll admit...it has saved me waiting in a long like at Chick-fil-a, or Dr's office, traffic (yes in the car and you've definitely called and text a few people). You always want the remote to the TV (we have to lock it), and now the ipod (we had to hide it)!! Thanks to Mama Helen...you have your own LeapFrog laptop....oh we can't even pull out the laptop when you are awake!! Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. I definitely use it to my advantage sometimes, but we try to keep everything out of sight as much as possible. On the flip side, everyone always ask me first.. "how old is he" and then they say "I can't even use an iPhone?" So...you look like a pretty smart 14 month old in their eyes....well, in our eyes too!!


* The vacuum... it's electric..Just this morning I decided to vacuum before you went down for nap and you sit right in front of it.... please Santa bring this baby a vacuum!!!



All I can say is... Your the BEST!! I love watching you play, and scream when you don't get your way.... we are in for a treat this October!!




1 comment: