background

Thursday, September 1, 2011

14 Months......

Smarter, faster, sweetier, and lets be honest needier at times!!!
We've had a busy, busy...yet fun summer. We have traveled and visited and traveled and visited and I wouldn't trade it for the world.  I feel like you've learned so much, but now that we are settling into our everyday routine, I'm noticing how much you have grown over the last month......so.....

Happy 14 months John Tanner!!
Life wouldn't be the same without you!!

You are such a big boy now because all of a sudden you seem to understand so much.

Here are 14 or more things you can say and/or understand.....

14. "Put the diaper in the trash".....
And off you go....

Good boy helping Mommy!!! Now changing your diaper is a different story.  You scream EVERY TIME I change your diaper...like it's the end of the world!!!!

13. " Let's brush your teeth".....
Of course your favorite part is playing in the water and turning it on and off.

You like brushing your teeth and letting Mommy help you too.

Do you love looking at yourself or what??

12.  Speaking of looking at yourself..... Anytime I pick up the phone to text or talk to someone you get a little upset.  You absolutely LOVE looking at your pictures and videos on the phone. 

Koko and Mama Helen can't believe how well you can scroll through the pictures on the iphone:)!

Sometimes you are VERY serious about this .....

but other times we know exactly the videos that will make you laugh.  You like watching the ones where you are making silly noises....loud noise.... you think they are hilarious!!!

11. Turn the light OFF

and ON!!!  You think this is just magical and seem amazed every time!!

10. Do you want to go get the mail??  Every afternoon it's one of your favorite things to do.  I can say MAIL and you are at the door ready to go.  You will walk to the mailbox and stand with your arms in the air, ready to open it.  You don't really care if anything is in there, you just want to open and close the mailbox.  We have to repeat this several times.




 
9. Mama and Da-de

8. Bye Bye

7. More, drink, finished (with hand motions) and Eat

6. I can say... you ready for your bath?  And you start walking into the bathroom.  The same for bed... Are you ready for night night?  You walk into your room.  It's amazing to me how much you already know and understand....is this a year of hard work or you are just naturally a good kid??

5. Books... I can say.. go get Wheels on the Bus, Old McDonald, Good Night Gorilla and you have them in hand ready to read.  We read them "literally" 10 times plus a day and then Daddy reads them when he gets home... You absolutely LOVE reading books.  You have tons of other favorites.

4. No no and yes...you will repeat sometimes.. no no and ye-uh!

3. Body parts... feet (because we put on shoes to go outside), hands (wash hands), nose ( because you love to smell), eyes (look), mouth (eat)

2. Feet first" you know this means to sit down and go down the step on your bottom...feet first!!! I had no IDEA that I would be trying to keep you "alive" ... literally trying to prevent you from falling down steps so I'm trying my best to practice this skill!!!

1. OUTSIDE...if I walk close to the door or the trash can by the door you are running toward the door thinking we are going outside.  You absolutely LOVE the outside and your dad and Pops have a hunter and fisher "buddy" for life!

I know there are tons more....what's the lion say... rooooarrr!!! And... puppy...you love Millie next door and I know you are wondering where Bentley is..... the list can probably go on and on!!

Happy 14 months of life or as your dad says, 1 year and 2 months!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment