background

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Walker 9 Months John Tanner 28 Months

~Walker 9 Months~
I had to put the "9" on the bath tub wall because Walker was either eating it or John Tanner was throwing it or wouldn't let him hold it:)......can you believe so many people ask if they are twins?? 
Bye bye baby bath tub seat.....
John Tanner says, "Wash his back Mommy."
Walker is all over the tub now...putting his face in!!! It's wild!!  They rarely take baths together anymore because John Tanner is a little rough with him these days. 

Walker had CrOuP....terrible, yucky cough and runny nose for weeks...ie the cheerio stuck to his nose.  Then two week later he had bronchitis.
He still loves to chew on shoe laces, tags, cords....everything he's not suppose too.
Crawling, crawling, crawling....
Busy, busy, busy....
The nurse wasn't able to weigh him because he was everywhere.  He still throws his head back and makes it "known" what he wants.  We say he's very vocal... Pops says he's sensitive.
Not only crawling, but trying to stand already!! He's pulling stuff over...totally forgot about this stage too!! It's kind of nice because everything has to be put up. 

 
~Happy 28 Months John Tanner~
*Climbs on everything... He's able to climb up "the big steps" at playground.... we still have 2 more to accomplish.  However, he's more confident and agile while playing, but not a dare devil.  At times, he will stand on the ledge of the tallest part of the playground and look at me with a smile...I use to panic, now I say with a smile, " you're not ready for that right now... go back through the tunnel......" knowing I'm panicking inside....but I don't think he senses it! 
I've moved things around a little bit and got rid of a lot of chairs and side tables.  He still loves turning on and off the lights so I got him a stool and put the floor lamp by his table. 
He loves loves loves WaWa or Wakr but he doesn't want him to touch certain things.  This seems to happen right after he wakes up...strange strange.  So, I have to hold him for a little while, time out sometimes, or small lessons on how to share:O!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Pilgrim and Mr. Turkey are his table guest this month.  We light the candles when he eats.  He loves to blow them out.... even though he's still blowing his hair....we are working on this.

I asked him before nap if he wanted to go potty and he said yes... I grabbed the camera and took a few shots. 

Here's his poo poo face......nothing happened but we are sitting on the potty, which is a baby step.
Here's the funny part.... He wanted to see the pictures I took of him so he got up and while looking at the pictures on my camera he peed ALL over me...yes me!!!  So, we are one step closer....maybe!!! No rush, we are having fun with it!!
We went to Christmas Village show to visit my mom and the lady set up across from her told me it was best to purchase on of these "gizmo" when the child is 3.... :) yay for me he's only 2...
Well... the next thing I know....she shortened the strings and gave John Tanner one. Oh great... yay... I said and he was thrilled.  He named him DOG.....I showed him how to clasp it and hold it tight and move it back and forth, back and forth.....He loves to walk his "DOG."
If you put the dog down, it gets ALL TANGLED up... ugh!!
He loves dog.... he even rest with him on Bentley's bed.  How can you say no to this sweet boy:)??
John Tanner says almost daily.... "I see the cross!"
I taught 4th grade Sunday school the months of Sept and Oct. I would leave at 9 and Tanner would meet me with the boys at 10:30...yes dressed and ready for church....or "school" as we call it.  I would pick up John Tanner and Walker for communion.  I would tell John Tanner... "now we are going to church and you will see "the cross."  I would point it out to him as we walked in the nave.  If you've ever been to St. Luke's church ....the isle is long and a HUGE cross hangs down above the altar...it's a stunning sight.

I love walking them up to the altar and kneeling.  It's a blessing for me to see Walker getting a special blessing by the priest and John Tanner kneeling a waiting patiently...normally saying out loud.... "CROSS"... or "bye bye cross." Now when we pull in to the parking lot at St. Luke's he will point out the cross on top of the church.  He found this cross at the house.  Finally, one day I said, "do you know what the cross reminds me of" and he just looked at me with a weird face.... I said, "Jesus"! He said, "Jesus"?! and I said "YES...Jesus."  I'll let the Holy Spirit do the rest right now..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment