background

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Let the holiday travel begin.....

First stop.... NEW YORK CITY!!!
~Thurs.Dec.13-Mon.Dec.17~
My life long "reformer" friend "Emily" and I decided NYC during the Christmas season was a much needed trip!!  It was a gift for having baby Walker, anniversary, and Christmas all in one.  Walker stayed with Tanner in Birmingham and John Tanner stayed with Haha and Pops in Montgomery.  Emily's sister Ginny went along too... thank goodness because she helped navigate us around the city, she got us brunch reservations at Pastis and at the Guggenheim Museum, and dinner reservations at Mario Batali restaurant Babbo. We saw the play Jersey Boys, Book of Mormons, and heard Madeski Martin and Wood at the Blue Note jazz club.
                                               Here are some of the sites....
(it's hard to photograph the true beauty of NYC in December and carry a big camera)




 I think I got Ginny in 2 photos....:)







One of my favorite things I did on the trip!







So long old friend... until next time!!

2nd Stop-Wetumpka for Christmas
~Thurs. Dec.20-Mon.Dec.24~
We went to Montgomery the same week I got home from NYC.  We ended up leaving on Thursday because we had a water leak at the house and the water had to be turned off immediately.  Tanner got to hunt and we spent time with Pops, Haha, Uncle Scott, and Aunt Shea (she drove in on Saturday).  We had an early Christmas meal and opened gifts on Sun. Dec. 23.
We always have a BLAST with the Sumners, but there was something extra special about this Christmas!!  Haha always makes the BEST food and has everything decorated so beautifully. 
Merry 1st Christmas Walker!!
It sure was a special one having you with us!!!









Walker got a rocking horse and John Tanner loves it too!



John Tanner got a kitchen... I wish I had that kitchen!!
Playing with his remote control car with Uncle "Cot"



We couldn't of asked for better weather!!  We were sad to leave, but we had to head to the MS delta at 6AM the next morning.  Thanks for loving us and for all the wonderful memories this Christmas Haha and Pops.... little did you know we would be back for New Years!!!

3rd Stop- Greenville, MS for Christmas
~Mon. Dec.24-Fri. Dec.28~
We were greeted with open arms in the MS delta. All the extended family was either there or arriving that night. It's always great to see Koko and just relax (if you can call it that) at home.  It was an extra treat having Johnny's family of 5 there too....so with all of us including Bentley....11 total!!

Christmas morning.... SANTA!!!


4 or 5:00 AM... love Johnny in the background!!
John Tanner was not happy that I woke him up!!


Taylor Swift tickets.....
X-box
And Bat!!
Walker pushing his lawn mower...your a trooper Wawa!!
Grocery cart, play dough, puzzles, and basketball goal.


Ball-a-palooza!!!

Christmas night....
Mike and Caitlin's Baby Shower

Danny's family came to visit....





Papa Mike predicts a GIRL!!!!

It was sooo good to see Erica. 





Mike gave us a little "show" as a thank you for coming!!
He's an old soul, he's a sweet soul, and I can't wait to see him as a daddy!!




We always love visting with my best friend Angela.
Emily, Max, and Ella Catherine came to visit us too.
It's WiLd being in the Delta...there's no other place like it in the world.  It's home, but it's a crazy place to live.  No matter what... our family is there and they will do anything for us.  We had so much fun and made so many memories.  I think mom over did it cooking for us and making sure we were all ok.  The children's Christmas Eve mass was a very special time having John Tanner there singing all the carols.  He fell asleep in my arms and we were the only ones in the balcony during communion.  It was definitely a sweet moment!! 

4th Stop-Wetumpka for New Years
~Fri. Dec.28-Fri. Jan.4~
The water leak was NOT resolved which was ok because we got to spend a few more days with Aunt Shea.  Walker and I were under the weather for a few days and I think we all caught up on sleep.


Bye Bye Christmas....

You have to keep an eye on Walker now... up the stairs, in the toilet, or trying to eat the dog food.

New year =New hair cuts
Patti and Karen cut Tanner's hair so we thought it would be a good idea for them to cut the boys hair... they NEEDED a hair cut!!!

Look how HAPPY they are!!!!



Shopping at Publix with Haha....this is the only way we can do it now...aren't they precious!!
2013 is going to be a GREAT year.. I can't wait to see what's in store for our family. 

Last stop... HOME for Ole Miss game!!!!
~January 5~

Texas Walker

Sally Kate

They were the sweetest most loving kids I've ever met. 
They loved carrying John Tanner and Walker around the McWane center






I loved how they would sit with them and tell them about the animals.  I wish I could hear their conversations.

My best friend since 7th grade, Brandi and her family flew from Austin, TX, for the Ole Miss bowl game in Birmingham.  It was SOO good to spend time with them!!!

John Tanner woke up with 103 fever so he, Walker, and Haha stayed home while we went to the game.
It was a wonderful game and victory... FINALLY we got to see the Rebels play....plus 50,000 plus Ole Miss fans in town.  It felt like a touch of home!!!







No comments:

Post a Comment