A BUSY week of traveling and visiting family in MS ended with a....
~ HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY~
The boys and I left early Monday morning for the MS Delta to visit Koko, Baby Micheal (2weeks old), and all the rest of the Kozielski Clan. We were all so excited to meet Micheal Murray Slaton 10 lbs 11 oz after 42 weeks and 30 hours of labor......
Look at all his hair.... He was the sweetest baby!!
This made me a little panicky holding a baby again and having 2 crawling all over me.
I love that sweet face and baby smell though!
Proud Mom and Papa Mike! This is a picture I'll cherish forever because we have tons of pictures of us growing up in this yard too.
And proud Becky:)!! Love this pic!
Their dog had 9 puppies too.....
They were so cute, but somethings in the water and I'm not drinking it:)!!
Got a few tips on organic farming....
John Tanner got to eat a fresh strawberry.. he would say, "they are almost ready"
They definitely taste different!
Wawa's trying to walk... almost there!!
Wednesday afternoon we headed to Madison, Ms to stay with my brother's family until Sunday. Walker was a little under the weather so we didn't get many pictures. We got to watch Emme play volleyball Thursday night and she made the 7th grade team for next year.
John Tanner enjoyed playing with Joseph and Grayson....they jumped and jumped on the trampoline. John Tanner will start potty training when he's 3, July 1, so Joseph gave him a pair of his "big boy undies."
It was great to be with my Mom on Mother's day....
Here's what she has taught me....
Nothing can take away the memories you make with family.....NOTHING!! Growing up... family was such a vital part of our everyday lives because we all lived on the same block. Now it seems like we are miles a part, but somehow my mom made sure we all stayed close.
My mom and dad were in Madison at my brother's house (even after being divorced for 10 years). It was so nice to share the boys and be with Danny's family for a few days. I'll make the effort and drive 5 hours while the boys aren't in school or obligated with sports.
The boys and I left bright and early on Mom's day and headed back to Birmingham. Tanner wasn't home yet, and a friend dropped off a few outfits I had ordered. I love seeing my boys dressed alike and photographing them today was so much fun.
I know I will not be able to put John Tanner in this outfit next year, but he LOVED it because he said he had a "tail." I said, "yes sweetie it's a tail" thinking OMG...it's a bow and he's going to kill me one day.
Tanner was amazed Walker would sit in the chair.
The ENTIRE house was freshly painted white while we were gone (I'll post pictures later) and the boys were enjoying all the space. How awesome to come home to a newly painted house, Tanner had put back everything and cleaned... thanks T!!! However, I was a little panicky with all these ideas, wanting to unpack, and completed exhausted from the week.
Taking pictures of my babies put my mind at ease and slowed me down....
Look at this face.... John Tanner is now 34 months and the one thing he LOVES is listening to OLD TIME ROCK N ROLL by Bob Segar.....
*He 's been obsessed every since my dad introduced this song to him in Feb.
*He wants to listen to it on the computer (he can work the lap top), on my phone (utube) and we have it recorded on "his phone" my old phone. He LOVES music!!
*My cousin got out his guitar and sang it for him, my brother's family sent a video of them singing it in the car...it's hilarious how he loves this song!!!
*He sleeps in a big boy bed and sits in a big boy car seat now.
*He loves numbers and setting the timer on the microwave for whatever is next...sleeping, eating, bathing etc.
*He will definitely let you know what he wants and it takes a lot of explaining these days....wears me out some days.
Wawa.... Baby Walker... now 15 months..
This face is CLASSIC....I can just hear him... talking then crying, laughing then crying.
*We've got a video of him whining then saying.. Da-de, whining then saying.. Ma-ma, whining then saying.....Ko-ko, Ba-ba, John-John, Ha-ha...it's wild!
*He is hilarious with his BIG smiles and sweet shy faces, but he is still so vocal. He will cuddle in your arms, but in the next breath he will be whining or screaming.
*Sleeping until 5:30am, but ready for bed at 6:30pm.
*Naps twice a day....yay!!!
*He's a fast crawler and a little girl called him a "puppy dog" at the playground because he was walking on his hands and feet....not walking yet.
*Wears a size 6 diaper like his brother because I can't keep up with 2 different sizes anymore:)
*Still loves his pacifier, swing, music class, reading books and strolling...Outside, outside, outside!
Thanks to all the family for taking us in for the week and welcoming us with open arms. We are a lot to take in these days, but we had so much fun in MS!
Precious pictures! Sounds like a great MS trip!!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed y'all's visit so much! Can't wait to get to do it again. btw tell John Tanner watering the squash really helped we picked our first zucchini last week. Delicious!
ReplyDelete