background

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Sumners Christmas Vacation~Dec. 15-Dec.29~

The Sumners' 12 Days of Christmas Season....

~12....Zoolight Safari~
Looooook... it's SNOWING!!!!!
T and I decided to take the boys to ride the "Polar Express" train at the zoo. 

I've got my ticket to ride....

Me too....


This is JT's new thing... shutting his eyes when taking pics!!!



This is W's first train ride at night....

We arrived at the "North Pole"and look who was there.....SANTA!! 
What a moment for Walker....See you soon Santa!!!

~11...A Little Glimpse of Heaven on Earth~

*They say a picture is worth a thousand words..... 
I'm not sure I can explain this picture in a few sentences.
*
*I think...wait, I KNOW I spend my days planning each step of my life....
but God intervened one November night.
*An email was sent to me with information of a cousin that I haven't seen in.....
since I was 13 years old or younger??
*
*The boys and I took a little detour through Oxford, MS to see him and his wife while on our way home to Greenville for Christmas. 

* In short....
I was reunited with a cousin  I never knew I NEEDED in my life!!
Now... that's a blessing!!

God Bless you William.... 
until we see each other again!    

~10.....Celebration of Leon's Life~

After leaving Oxford.....
I learned that my uncle that lives across the street from me in Greenville passed away. 

The boys and I made a stop in Greenwood to see my Aunt Laura (Leon's wife).  
She too has been sick for some time now and was hospitalized after Thanksgiving.

My sweet and dear cousins JJ and JD spent the week with us at my mom's house.  
It was such a gift to spend the week with them.  
*
We were very busy preparing for the celebration, 
but there was a lot of great conversations of the past and LOVE for each other.   
Who knew someone's death could bring together so many.......
 I got to see aunt, cousins, friends of family members 
I haven't see int YEARS!!!
Most of all, I got to meet and hear conversations from Leon's friends.
They knew him the best!!
  
~9....Making Memories with Friends and Family~
We made gingerbread houses with the Fratesi family.

These boys took their time and made 
VERY creative designs on their houses....very impressed!!!

THEN....
Walker snuck in and ATE the "abominable snowman" 
that was HOT GLUED onto the house....
ALONG with many other characters.....SANTA, THE BEAUTIFUL WREATH!!
What a beautiful and sweet sweet family!!! 
Thanks for sharing your Monday morning with us!!

We also got to see MM the night before we left!

~8....Feeding Duck on the Levee~
I did this a lot as a child....
Always fun to bring your kids back to where you were raised.
(side note: they both ate the molded bread....I guess it's just as bad as drinking the "brown water."
Each afternoon we would go visit Koko in the mall....
Yes you could ride these crazy things around the mall!
*
Thanks Koko for letting us play all the games and ride the rides!!

A picture of the old "home place" on Reed Rd.
(1930)-Papa's Dairy barn on the left side....
*
We love you Koko!!!

~7... Hunting Ducks~
T and Bentley doing what they love....Clarksdale, MS!

~6....Looks like Christmas in Wetumpka~
Haha made a Christmas card to send to a few friends....
This was JT's position all of Christmas. 
A Christmas train that runs on the track or the ground.  
JT asked Santa for a Christmas train while in Greenville and Haha had one set up around her tree... 
Whew.. thanks Haha!!
Hand made Advent wreath with birthday candles....
JT's  angel is on top of the tree in the sun room...
Walker's angel is on top of the tree in the foyer....
Helen used the pearl trees from our wedding on the table....
*
Dec. 13, 2003....11 years ago we used them at our reception...
Oh the memories....how special!!!

~5....Christmas Eve Morning/
Opening gifts from Pops and Haha~

Love how he reads instructions...
Paw patrol, paw patrol.... 

~ 4.....Happy Birthday Jesus~
JT, T and I went to the children's service at First United Methodist Church.
Walker stayed home and napped.
They all hate me for this... 
but I got all THE SUMNERS in one photo!

We had a little extra time, so we showed JT the window dedicated to the Sumner's kids.
He found "his" name!

I love watching him open the Bible and SLAM it shut!!  

Side note: When Mary and Joseph were making their way down the isle and everyone was quiet, this sweet boy was standing up looking and passed gas so loud...the man beside us and the kids behind us just laughed and laughed!!  They also had a little something to say to me and JT after the service...what a memory!!

More gifts to open on Christmas Eve....






~ 3...Time to put out Reindeer Food~



~ 2...Christmas Morning~
Can you see the EXCITEMENT ON HIS FACE!!!!

They were both SO super excited!




If every morning could be like Christmas morning....
Well... then it wouldn't be that much fun!!!

Upstairs, downstairs.... 
Outside..... We were everywhere!!!

So much fun.... 
All day!!!

This sums up the last 2 weeks.... 
You hurry and wait, it's fun and scary, your coughing and sick....
But at the end of the ride...You want to do it all over again because you are left with the memories.
What wonderful wonderful memories this Christmas!!!  

The boys loved every minute of Christmas and it was so much fun to be with family and friends!

Thanks Sumners for all the gifts and love you showed us this Christmas... 
We cherish the memories!!

~ 1...And our house is really under construction~
It was different coming home because we loved every minute of our 2 week travels.  

We couldn't believe what we saw when we pulled up on Main St. 
Another wonderful GIFT.... 

This is really happening.....

Happy 2015 New Year!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment