background

Monday, September 13, 2010

Labor Day and Sleeping through the NIGHT!!!

~Labor day at Lake Martin 2010~

Hanging with daddy at the lake....

John Tanner likes to "stand" in daddy's lap!! 


First boat ride...
 look at that sweet baby in his life jacket!!




My Boys!!!

Bentley had the best time!!  He was up at 6am every morning pawing at the window so he could swim in the lake.  

2nd boat ride with Mama Helen and Pops!!

This time we wore our hat!!

Sweet Sumners family....Sweet Summer days....
We  love days at the lake!


What else is new in John Tanner's world?
He's found his thumb:).  He will suck and suck his fingers/fist until he finds his thumb.  He sucked his thumb once in the hospital and once while taking a nap, but this is new.  You can hear him sucking his fingers and he will eventually find his thumb.




~1st smocked outfit~ 
I ordered this outfit from Allison F. shortly after he was born.  I had no idea if a 6 mth would fit and if the weather would be appropriate for a bubble....well, it does...yes he's only 2 mths!!


Mama Helen bought him one too....fits like a glove:)!


Who did you meet this month??!!

Rachel Forrester and her dad came to visit us this weekend.  I taught her at HES 3 years ago.


Play date with Mary Isabel Gannon (one week old).  She and Ella live next door to each other.  They will be good friends too.


~A Visit To Harbert... Daddy's Office~

Daddy and AB

It didn't take long for all the ladies of Harbert to come see our sweet boy.  The men came too, but I didn't photograph them....except for Jonathan.



...Jonathan...His baby girl was born 3 or 4 days before John Tanner.  They were leaving Brookwood the day we arrived.  The ladies were teasing him saying he was holding his "future son-in-law."

Everyone says, "it goes by fast" and it definitely does!!  Everyone also says, "They don't remember these days"... so Tanner and I are trying our hardest to remember every minute!



~10 weeks and sleeping through the night~ 
Is sleeping to 5:30 considered sleeping through the night.??

A friend gave me a book called, Moms On Call, and its an "easy read" reference book...2 pages max. It said when your baby was anywhere from 8 to 14 weeks you could try getting him to sleep through the night.  The key was to do the same thing for 3 consecutive nights to form a new habit.  Tanner was on board for this weekend.  I'll be honest... I didn't know if I could handle him crying, so Tanner had to do the "soothing" and be "the strong one" at 1am.

Night... #1
Friday night....
2:50am- Cried for 5 mins. Tanner changed his diaper and re-swaddled him.
Cried 8 mins. I checked on him.
3:30am-Woke up crying and after 5 mins....Tanner checked on him
He slept until 5:30!!!   

Night.... #2 
After last night, you could imagine what we thought about tonight....
I heard him crying and Tanner said, it's 5:30.... I WAS IN SHOCK... NO WAY!!!!
I jumped up and said, "I haven't slept through the night since last Nov."  I couldn't believe I didn't wake up to see if he was ok or go to the bathroom... yay... breakthrough!!!!  After I nursed him, he went back to sleep and Bentley and I ran 2 miles... I felt GREAT!!!

Night... #3
I thought, "this can't be happening this fast" and I prepared myself for a long night.  Tanner had to get up and go to work, so I knew I was on "night duty."  Once again, he slept to 5:15!!

With all that said, TONIGHT is the true test...night #4 and Koko will be here!!   

  Koko, my mom, is on her way to Birmingham right now.  She hasn't been here since he was born, so we can't wait for her to get here.  We will be leaving for Jackson, MS on Thursday to visit my brother's family.  They just moved from Cleveland, MS to Jackson this summer.  We can't wait to see Emme, Grayson, and Joseph.



John Tanner finally has a mobile and new crib sheet that looks like a boy.  We've had the "neutral crib" sheet since he was born.....well... let's be honest...it was a crib sheet from pottery barn for a girls crib set!!  Remember.. we thought we were having a GIRL:)!! 
Slowly, we will add new things to HIS room... I'm so excited that I have a baby BOY!!!  It's been fun thinking about new things to add to his room!!







  


2 comments:

  1. COngrat on sleeping through the night... i mean do you feel like a new woman or what.... sleep who knew it was so precious until you do without it!
    and OMG.... can i eat him with a spoon, honey and a biscuit in those precious bubbles.... there is NOTHING and i mean NOTHING cuter than a baby in a bubble... chunky little legs and all... love, love, love that baby boy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He just keeps getting cuter and cuter. The outfits are precious....as well as the crib sheet and the mobile. So glad you guys are doing so well. The sleeping is HUGE! Yay for that! I miss you, friend! I hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete