The house plans are almost complete and in the hands of the contractor!!!! Originally, we were suppose to start construction in April, but we filled for an extension. We hope to start in late August or September...if all goes well with biding etc etc etc.
We have been in contact with the architect almost once a month for the past 6-8 mths (I can't remember), but we had Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the birth of a new baby. SO, needless to say... I've been busy, busy, busy....and when I wasn't taking care of the boys... I think I was sleeping!! I've tried to be involved, but I was honestly checked out for months and couldn't even focus on it. Tanner did a great job getting us to a certain point, but now....I've finally checked in:) and I've started making decisions and understanding what's going on. I'm really intrigued in the process and surprised how much details go into planning a new home.
It's been fun driving around with Tanner looking at house color and trying to decide what we want the house to look like. Mountain Brook would NOT let us have brick because it goes 4 inches over so we are going to do cedar shakes....which we have grown to LOVE! We've also had many late nights looking on www.houzz.com (great website) and creating idea books. Interestingly, Tanner and I have some of the same taste. My friend Emily and her sister(an architect in Oxford, MS) have been helping me pick out some things. Hopefully my friend Vicki will be helping me too. Someone needs to help guide me....keep me focused.... I'm thrilled with the exterior!!!
On houzz.com we have found a way to fit Bentley's house and storage under the stairs. We have to keep the house the same size so we have to be creative with storage and placement of furniture.
This is the layout for downstairs... can you imagine being an architect?? This looks like a mess, madness to me and honestly... makes my head spin. Look close... we will have a living room, dining room, kitchen, master bed and bathroom downstairs. We will have french doors going out to the back yard with a patio and a covered porch area off the kitchen. Tanner and I will park out back and and enter through the back/kitchen. Guest parking will be in the front.
2nd floor- Walker and John Tanner have a room connected with a Jack and Jill bathroom. They both have a small room off their bedroom with a sink and closet in it, then the toilet and shower/bath will be in a separate room. Guest bedroom with shower in bathroom.... laundry room is upstairs too.
3rd floor.. playroom and finished attic APPROVED!!! YAY... I know this will be a great place for the boys to play when they get older! I'm so proud of Tanner going in front of the board and getting all this approved. Apparently, it's NO fun!! We fill like we've accomplished so much already. If it works out, we will be so grateful...if it doesn't... we will move:)!!! If everything works out (this could take a few months) we will decide where we are moving during construction. I'll be in touch regarding any updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment