background

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Walker's Baptism

~William Walker Sumners' Baptism~ May 19, 2012
John Tanner and Pops the night before waiting to eat at La Paz.
Mama Helen and Daddy putting on the slip. As I took pictures, I said...."this is probably the closest we will get to a wedding dress:)"! This baptismal gown is gorgeous and I was so honored to have another baby wear it.
Guess who is following Pops...? I think they walked around the whole church.
Taylor "God mommy TaTa" pinning the dress!
2 Precious Angel BABIES!!!
Godfather-Jeff Hart...He grew up with your Daddy in Wetumpka and they have always been best friends. I know Jeff will support you and give you good advice in life. Godmother-Taylor Kozielski....Taylor is my cousin and has always been a special person in our lives. She was the maid of honor in my wedding and I know she will always take good care of you.
Rich Webster baptized you today. He's been an amazing priest at St.Lukes. He and your dad shot skeet together a few months ago and his daughter is going to Ole Miss this year:)!! Mama Helen brought water from the River Jordan and you were baptized with it...very special!
You were baptized on Saturday, May 19 in a private service. Milo (5) and Edie (3) Barclay were also baptized. We are all friends and it made the day even more special to share it with their family. This wasn't planned and a great surprise!
Everyone's admiring Walker..... He did wonderful and was cooing and smiling!! There's something sooo VERY special about the sacrament of baptism and everyone coming together to pray for your child. Then there's something extra special about a baby in a white gown.
Everyone came to the house, put on comfy clothes, ate and enjoyed watching the kids play. It was a very special day!! Thanks to everyone for helping and making this such a memorable day for our baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment