background

Friday, June 22, 2012

A Special Tribute...

MY FATHER WHEN I WAS . . .by Ann Landers
4 yrs old: My daddy can do anything.
5 yrs old: My daddy knows a whole lot.
6 yrs old: My dad is smarter than your dad.
8 yrs old: My dad doesn't know exactly everything.
10 yrs old: In the olden days when my dad grew up, things were sure different.
12 yrs old: Naturally, my Father doesn't know anything about that. He is too old to remember his childhood.
14 yrs old: Don't pay any attention to my Father. He is so old-fashioned!
21 yrs old: Him? My Lord, he's hopelessly out-of-date.
25 yrs old: Dad knows a little bit about it, but then he should because he has been around so long.
30 yrs old: Maybe we should ask Dad what he thinks.
35 yrs old: I'm not doing a single thing until I talk to Dad.
40 yrs old: I wonder how Dad would have handled it. He was so wise and had a world of experience.
50 yrs old: I'd give anything if Dad were here now so I could talk this over with him. Too bad I didn't appreciate how smart he was. I could have learned a lot from him.

I received this in an email around Father's Day and I think it sums up the way I feel about my dad through the years.  I feel like I call on him for a lot of things these days.  I value his opinion, his wisdom, and what he's learned through his life.  I like the way he looks at issues with an open mind and heart.  I always make sure I have about 30 minutes to talk because we are going to somehow, someway get to the root of the issue.  It's amazing how he ALWAYS helps me either solve the issue or gives me a better way to look at it.  He's deep, not on the surface..... but has a big heart.  He's shown me to look at life through many angles.

Even though we weren't together on Father's day I was thinking of you, DAD!!  I spent the day cleaning out all my high school and college stuff in Tanner's closets in Wetumpka.  I found this picture and brought it home, so I could remember my dad and I on my wedding day.  I love you Dad!!
~My Little Fisherman~
Tanner requested we go to Montgomery so he could fish with his dad, John Tanner, and Uncle Scott. He's already making him an outdoor guy. Tanner is such an awesome dad!! I love to hear you play and sing to John Tanner each night when you bathe him, how he cuddles on your shoulder while putting him to sleep each night, and listening to your conversations in the morning while drawing. I love the way he and Bentley run to the window to watch you leave each morning and how they follow you down the street while walking to the field. Your a great dad and we are so lucky to have so many memories with you!! 

Happy Father's day POPS....In John Tanner's eyes... Pops hung the moon!!! John Tanner would run and jump in the pool then come back and sit by Pops.  I think we all have "that person" in our life that we love unconditionally....it's a feeling that is hard to explain.  At such a young age, I see this type love John Tanner has for Pops and I think it says a lot about his  personality.  We all love Pops and value his opinion, his love for family heritage, and his wisdom.... we are always calling on him for advice.  We are so thankful to have you in our lives! 
John Tanner's favorite thing is to JUMP in the pool and he will tell you ALL about it. He isn't scared of the water.  He will put his face in and kick.  It's only a matter of time and he will be swimming!!
#1 RULE.... NO DOGS ALLOWED IN THE POOL!!
Well....if you have a water dog.. what can we do!! Sorry "HH"!! 
We had an AWESOME Father's day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment