background

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

VBS at St. Lukes

This week I taught the 4 year old kids at our church.  It gave me a chance to teach a little because this is something I sometimes miss and love to do....I quickly realized I'm not ready to go back "full time" however, it was a great week with the kids.  John Tanner and Walker went to the nursery while I taught.  There were only 2 babies in the baby room and about 8 kids in John Tanner's room.
John Tanner would put on his backpack each morning and I would say, "you ready to go to school" and he would say, "uh huh!".  Day 1- didn't play very much but didn't cry when I left him.  Day 2-cried when I left him but played more with the kids. Day 3-his teacher saw us walking in and said,"John Tanner you want to go with me?" He said, "uh huh" and walked with her to his room.  When I picked him up they said he just played and played!
I think it's important that he learns social skills and spending a little time away from me.  His teachers are wonderful and I can tell he's had a lot of fun at "school this week."  As of right now he will go 10-2 on Fridays in the Fall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment