background

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

August is here.....

Walker 18 months & JT 3yrs.1 mth
The "BoBo bothers" as I sometimes call them......
I LOVE to dress them alike!
Walker wants to be right by John Tanner doing what he's doing, sitting in the "big boy" chair.
*Walker repeats A LOT of words...JT will say, Wawa say...Mama, Baba, etc.
*I can count to 7 and Walker will say EIGHT!!
*He says A, B, C, E....and other letters
*He goes to his seat when it's time to eat, and to the bath tub too!
*He loves to take 2 naps and go to sleep at 6:30 but still gets ups at 5ish
And sometimes they are causing trouble....I found them eating snack in B's kennel.
I love the stage Walker is in... 18 mths is so fun....
He's truly come alive and no longer "demands" (unless he wants to GO... and he will say, "GO,Go, Go)but wants to be involved....
*reading, playing with cars, blocks, throwing balls (saying "baw)

It's been an interesting and fun summer....
We've stayed home most of the summer to establish routines and get over the 3 year old "hump" so to speak.... It's taken both Tanner and I working together to figure out how to make this work.
*ABOVE are my reminders on how to parent a 3 year old....I never like a "list" because it NEVER fits every child but these are just reminders.... my favorite reminder was "ADD HUMOR" and teach him how to "ControL himself..." I found out JT loves to "do"...DO,Do,do....
Always wanting to do or learn how to work something....
JT and I read this book everyday before nap and bed.

He loves to be reminde of good choices and
And cracks up at my faces... SOO HAPPY MOMMY!!!



What does JT like to do.....?
Jt absolutely loves getting his own water for meals.
Putting up his dishes, flushing toilet, password for computer(6letters,4numbers)
Playing on computer and listening to CDS
ROCKS are everywhere in our house.....
*He likes to "cook" them
*Collect pretty rocks to keep, collect and throw them in the pond,puddle, or ocean 
*He puts them in my pocket, in the stroller, in drawers...everywhere!!
Environmental print (beginning reading)
JT is into SUPER WHY, SID the Science kid now
He still loves letters, numbers, counting by 1, 10's, setting timers
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've read the book "The New Dare to Discipline" book this summer.  I've been running early mornings with a friend, talking & emailing with friends about how to handle certain situations.  I LOVE that I'm learning more about Discipline vs Punishment and how this is ALL about ME (and the way I operate, I was raised) and not about them....deep breath!!!
They have taught me HUGE lessons.... 
There's no easy or magical solution to this thing called .....Parenting!! 
I've learned you have to be vulnerable, be able to make mistakes/learn from them, reflect, ask for help, take naps, run and take care of yourself, 5 min. mental breaks and deep breathing goes a long way, PrAy, ask for guidance because you can't do it alone......

At the end of the day.... laugh, hug, tickle and give them all the love you can!!

1 comment: