Meet the Teacher
~2013~
1st stop...PLAYGROUND.
Opening doors (always wanting to help)... my little door holder..
What he does best!
He found his chair and his color is light blue!
He found his cubby where he puts his lunch box... he's excited about lunch! We went straight to the grocery to decide what he was going to eat for lunch.
He also puts his name in the pocket so his teacher will know he's at school.
~
He is in the Grasshopper room with Mrs. Mary Allison (Memo) and Mrs. Meagan ( who had a baby the day before school started). They are both so SUPER sweet!
~
I made John Tanner a book about his day and he's most excited about lunch and the playground!
~
Walker is going to be in the Caterpillar room. His teachers are Mrs. Kathy (KK) and Mrs. Neely (NeNe). I made up those names for them so he can say them. They will eat at the table in the Caterpillar room.
I know Walker will do GREAT in this room. I'm curious how he will handle himself during lunch sitting in a chair and when redirected.
SHOES....first time to ever wear closed toe shoes!
~
First Day of School
~Saint Lukes Day School~
John Tanner was making sure Walker's shirt was right and he was doing the right thing.
We knew the first day of school was approaching so everyone was putting on a brave face.
New backpacks, schedules, having to wear socks and shoes, eat lunch with new friends and teachers. It's a NEW chapter in ALL of our lives!
I dropped them off and the complete opposite happened. Walker screamed, cried, and grabbed my hair and neck and wouldn't let go. John Tanner, on the other hand, walked in confident. He showed Mrs. MA what was in his lunch and told her he knew his color was light blue. I had made him a book about school and yes he knew these things and I was so proud. However, I think for the first time I saw him interacting with the world and he was going to have to make choices for himself. I never thought I would cry and I did.
11:45 on the first day I got a call that JT had 2 runny BMs. I pick him up and I think it was just nerves (he's like his mom). I pick up Walker and everyone is eating lunch at the table but guess who? Walker! He's in the high chair eating. I realized at that moment, this situation will be good for him...he'strong willed!
~2 days a week for 4 hours a day~
I'll be working at the church one day and teaching the next. I can see the playground from my office. Their second day at school was GREAT!!! I couldn't ask for a better working situation!!
No comments:
Post a Comment