John Tanner went to his FIRST birthday party on Valentine's Day.
It was a "beary" special birthday!
He got to see his friend Wheeler.
Happy 1st Birthday Tillie!!
LAST......It was our last yoga class at SoHo PiYo.
We started yoga class on August 31.......
You were only 9 weeks old!!
Look how much you have changed in 6 months!
You are sitting up......
crawling over to visit with friends!!
You sat in the middle of the class and watched everyone exercise.....very social little boy:)!!
Yoga teacher... Krista and her 2 helpers!
We will miss seeing Brodie and.....
and Lillie at Yoga!!
We always eat at SoHo square after yoga class.
Mac, Nolan, and Annie are there too!
Mac, Nolan, and Annie are there too!
We will continue to meet with these friends once a week for a play date!!
I've always been into yoga because of my back. I started taking in 2000 at Ole Miss. I never thought about doing yoga with John Tanner until Tanner's sister said something about Mommy and Me yoga classes... thanks Aunt Shea!!!
This class taught me so many things as a new mom. At first, it got me out of the house and simply driving somewhere with John Tanner. Little did I know....I would learn how to stretch and incorporate John Tanner in these exercises. I learned stretches that would benefit his digestion, connecting his left and right side of the brain, how to eliminate fussiness, and many songs that incorporate stretches. Tanner and I both do them at home now!! It also taught me how to breath and stand while holding John Tanner. These are two very important things to remain calm and relaxed throughout the day. Most of all, we got to bond for one hour. At the end of the class, they would play a song called, "Long Time Sun." They would turn the lights down and tell us to take in this moment and remember how he looked at this time. It always brought tears to my eyes because I could see him growing and changing before my eyes. I never really knew how to feel about that until this last class. Krista said something very profound at the end of the class on Tuesday....can't remember exact words...But she said....don't worry so much on "how time flies" instead focus on how you get to raise your baby and watch them grow... embrace each day and have no regrets. I think this is so important to live in the "now" because the meantime is important:)!!
Thanks for doing yoga with me John Tanner!!!
If you are interested in prenatal yoga or mommy and me yoga visit Krista's website at....www.babybellyyoga.com. This has been the best experience for me as a new mom!!
This is so great Sherry! I love reading and getting to grow with you and John Tanner! Give him a great big hug for me!! love Mike
ReplyDeleteawww.. brought tears to my eyes! he did change so much over that time and i'm sure you made some lasting friendships too! I love that! now..i really want to do it! although I know nothing about yoga! =) I'm gonna check her site now and we'll chat tomorrow at bunko. can't wait to see you sweet momma! let's plan dinner soon!
ReplyDelete