It seems like I've learned a lot about my body and Walker's body since the day he was born. It ALWAYS scared me when the doctor would say a new term ....
1. His Billirubin is low he needs to be tested tomorrow... meaning the Sunday after I got out of the hospital...I had to go to Dr. Stone's office to have him tested. Tanner had my insurance card in Montgomery, so I had no insurance card...I was in so much pain... Anyway...Billirubin sounds terrible... thankfully everything was ok.
2. He's lost 11% of his body weight, he needs to drink formula at 3 days old...nothing against formula but I knew he would be ok....if I could wait one more day... I fed it to him at 4 AM and he threw up all over me.
3. My feet and hands were swollen a week after having him... You have EDEMA.... I've never heard that word before....and I thought I was dying:)!!
4. At my 2 weeks check up, Dr. Kennedy said... I had an allergic reaction to the sterol strips... I had been in pain for days because I had a heat rash on top of that and on my stomach.
5. The following week I broke out under my arms....THRUSH....they call it!! Apparently, I had it and gave it to Walker. Dr. Sumners saw it on his tongue on a picture on the blog.... When I heard "thrush" ... I thought the worst....
6.I had the worst chills EVER two nights in a row.. so bad I had to get in the hottest shower for about 30 mins....MASTITIS....OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Deep breaths.....
OK.. AT THIS POINT... I decided whenever I hear something I'm going to investigate, not freak out, and do what's necessary to make it better....
I think it was a mix of NO SLEEP and hormones and like all new mommies...Is my baby ok am I ok???
So, at the 2 month appointment I heard the terms.....
Cradle cap, tear duct clogged, penis something or the other, and crease irritation. I've realized it's better to respond and not react to these situations. Walker has already taught me a lot about myself and how to become a better person and Mom!
~~~~~~~
My mom called me with the word CANCER!!?? Now that's a name no one wants to hear, but deep down I would do whatever I needed to do to help my mom. Little did I know that my mom had a spot on her thyroid and she had gotten it checked out once she left Birmingham....she never told me. Everything is ok...thank goodness... but everything has a name and you never know how it will affect your life! I'm thankful for our good health today!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment