background

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

An Afternoon of Blessings

~Walker's Blessing Shower~
Sunday, April 15, 2012
Front of invitation~
Back of invitation~
Words can't express the feelings I felt last Sunday during my baby's "Blessing Shower."
These are the only two pictures I got and they were taken before we left the house. My camera never made it out of the diaper bag:(!!
I thought the shower was "come and go" and I couldn't wait to see friends I haven't seen in months....YAY....adult conversation:)!!! In a way, it made me nervous because I love catching up and I knew I would be chasing two kids around......so I wasn't sure how much "catching up" I would do.
To my SURPRISE....I walked in to images such a these...;)instant tears. I think the first thing I did was sit on the floor with John Tanner and started looking through the photo album. John Tanner loved seeing the pictures of himself!
My precious babies looked like little angels in Holley's beautiful home.
Friends and family had purchased pictures for me and each had a Bible verse at the bottom.
It was breathtaking.....
Words can't express how BLESSED I felt....
It was almost like God's words were jumping off the page and made so much sense to me.
I love sharing Walker with John Tanner. He honestly loves giving him kisses and wants to make sure he's ok. I love the two verses about ~brotherly love~ I can't wait to look them up!
~Gift cards too~

At the end of the shower, Holley had everyone come into the living room. There were only a few people left, which made this moment very intimate and special....a moment I'll never forget.
She said (can't remember the exact words)... "God said it's more meaningful and powerful to "speak" His words aloud.... so...We are going to "speak" these blessings over Walker." My heart sank as they passed the album around and read the blessings aloud over him.
John Tanner says it so well with his signs...
...THANK YOU....
Thanks to Holley for opening your home and for the most wonderful afternoon of blessings!!
To Mama Helen for spending the weekend with us, for the frame, and for keeping up with John Tanner during the shower.
To all the other hostess, friends, and family that blessed us with your presences or with a gift. We feel truly blessed because of YOU!!!

Most of all ... thanks to ~Heather Cumman~ for the wonderful photographs! Her photography captures the true child, and as you can see she doesn't miss a moment. If you are interested in a ~Blessing shower~ or photographs you can contact her at www.heathercummanphotography.com (504-1114).

2 comments:

  1. aww.. I know it was soo special! What a precious shower. I hate I missed it. Can't wait to see the photo album. Beautiful pics.. miss you friend. Let's get together next week! love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. These photos and verses are so amazing! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete