Happy 2 Months Walker
It seems like you and your brother are happiest when we are outside or in the bathtub. He gave me the idea of how to take your monthly picture. He loves to stack his letters and numbers on your belly....so I guess each month we will watch you both grow while taking a bath!!!
We went to your 2 mth appointment today and you weigh 13lbs 12oz.... John Tanner weighed 12lbs 1oz at his 2 mths...You are a BIG BOY and like Dr. Stone said...you are eating well and he likes what he sees:)!!
Other highlights
*Smiling and cooing... love these sounds and forgot how sweet they are!!
*About every 3-4 days you seem uncomfortable and the only thing that will soothe you is for me to "hold you close and shake you"...the good shake as we call it... and say "shhhh" shhh" over and over and over and over.....I would also do "hummingggg" sounds like we did in mommy and me yoga and buzzing sounds too... I know it sounds crazy but it WORKS!!! Mama Helen will agree....maybe Daddy too!! You love to be in the Baby Bjorn too!! I think you liked to be held.
*Sometimes you are sound asleep and when I lie you down you wake up, but if I "shake/rock" the nap nanny .....and the harder I "shake/rock it" you fall back asleep. It's wild!! I've gotten good and creative with this... I can shake it with my hip and look at the computer or read at the same time.
**John Tanner is showing us he's ONE... he likes to touch my finger when he says...1...!!!
*You love to ride in the double stroller, bath time, and for me to rock you in your car seat. You've gone with me to 2 hair appointments and as long as I rock you with my foot...you were happy!! I'm definitely new to all this moving:)!!
*Lastly.... you went to the beach for the first time and a play date with all the Helen friends.
WE ARE SO THRILLED TO CALL YOU LITTLE BROTHER!!
Happy 21 Months John Tanner....
**You have been completely obsessed with the Leap Pad and my iphone this month! The Leap Pad crashed at the beach and my phone stays up as much as possible!
**You point to the sky and squeal when you see or hear an airplane. You will point up if I mention sun or moon too.
**You love to climb on anything especially BIG chairs.
**It's amazing to me how you can be so silly already or laugh at silly things on the TV. You love to say "uh oh" and now you say it sticking your tongue out..you will laugh and laugh when you do it!! You really like for your daddy or I to make silly faces/noises too. You laugh when they say..."okey doey articokey" on Letter Factory or make silly sounds. I can tell you are listening and internalizing what they are saying...even if you don't understand completely...you are listening!!
**Lastly...you still love to eat.. especially fruit and goldfish!
You are wearing your Dad's OLE MISS shirt....
You have started slamming doors, hitting some, and screaming LOUDLY if you want something. We continue to redirect you and tell you the appropriate thing to say...however, you have sat in "time out" a few times too. This is not the fun part of parenting!!
You continue to amaze us because you are so happy, independent, and you love your little brother.
I remember a parent asking me one time when I was teaching... what's the craziest time of the day...It's always around lunch and the end of the day. I feel like it's the same way at home....lunch, dinner, and bed time.
Someones going to be crying, need changing, or hungry at the same time... I've learned to sing through it:)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment