~Sea Island~
Tanner & I plus 30 other friends were invited to a weekend in Sea Island for a friends 40th birthday party. Orginally, I had said no to the evite, but the closer it got to the weekend Tanner and I decided we needed to go. John Tanner was already staying with the Sumners for the weekend, so we decided we needed a weekend away!
~Sights along the way~
Our vocal son Walker.....but I will say he did very well for an 8 hour trip!
Tanner and I didn't realize how much we needed this weekend alone with Walker. We bonded with him and really enjoyed having him with us. He did great at the adult dinner, hanging by the pool, and with the sitter (whom we loved)!!
Every night there was a different dinner for the adults, activity for the kids, and then a sitter was provided from 10-1.
~Thursday Night~
Can I just say "cottage" means mansion!! Most amazing houses I've ever seen!
Kathleen and mom Ashley below.....
We stayed with the sweet White family...they are both beautiful on the outside and inside!
~BERNIE~
We discovered Bernie on Thursday night and he became part of the family. He was such a sad looking otter, but we had a pretty good time with him. You never knew where Bernie would be when you woke up.... in the kitchen, in front of your door, by the steps, in the bathroom.....it was the joke of the weekend!
~Friday morning~
Women had massages by the pool and Men went Shark Fishing
~Friday night~
Walker went to dinner with us and everyone loved him. He hung in there until 9:00.
While the adults ate dinner the kids went to a "survival skills" camp, then the ice cream shop was rented out for them from 10-11pm.
~Saturday hanging by the pool....
Walker sleep, smiled, and we took walks. Tanner and I would switch off taking care of him. He's so content and we all had a great time.
We had the best time hanging out with our neighbors from Birmingham and Sea Island house mates.
Saturday- Girls went for a baking class and made cookies.
We were anxious awaiting the "sweet treats".
Have you seen the movie The Grown-Ups?
~Skeet Shooting Saturday Morning~
For the record.... Tanner won the shark fishing tournament and the skeet shooting tournament.
Holley had t-shirts made for the winner...he was excited:)!!
Mrs. Terry (the sitter)~ Walker's first babysitter and she was incredible!! We wanted to take her back to Birmingham with us! She was so flexible and she really "got" Walker's personality.
~Saturday night~
Dinner on Rainbow Island
Trolley took us everywhere...look at these cute kiddos!
Birthday party back at "cottage 59"~ Friends we met throughout the weekend. We met so many nice people from Birmingham and other states. We look forward to seeing them again in Birmingham.
HAPPY 40TH BIRTHDAY SCOTT!!!!!
This trip was absolutely AMAZING!!! Sea Island is definitely "top notch" and so is Holley. She knows how to plan a party and treat her friends to a good time. The White family was so generous to let us stay with them at the last minute. We had such a great time and they welcomed us and baby Walker with open arms!! I don't leave Walker with just anyone, but after talking with Mrs. Terry on the phone and meeting her Thursday evening.... I knew she was a great person. Thanks Holley, White family and Mrs. Terry for making this such a special trip for us! This is one of those trips I'll never forget:)!!
Sherry! What an AMAZING SOUNDING trip! Almost too good to be true! :) such time and effort put into planning and the invites were PRECIOUS! LOVE IT!! that is soooo nice!! ;)
ReplyDelete