~Happy 8 Months Walker~
I feel like I just typed a 7 month post and here I am already typing an 8 month post...whew!!
I can honestly say a lot happens in a short amount of time....
Look at our sweet and precious Wawa....I love that he's growing so fast. I love each stage!!
He has 2 teeth now and loves to grab and eat puffs.....I can't believe PuFFs are back in our house now. I love watching Walker grabbing and eating them. Every once in a while he will end up with one in his mouth...otherwise, they are on the floor or stuck in the palm of his hands. I forgot about this stage of development and I giggle when I see it happening....it's amazing!!
We have to watch out for big brother John Tanner because he wants puffs now....
I love hearing him say.. "I want puffffs...Pufffs Mom."
What can I say..... we no longer have a "baby baby" and these are fun times. He says "dadadadada-da and "ah ya ya ya -ya" and John Tanner will laugh and mimic him. He talks a lot more than John Tanner ever did at this age. He likes to be heard.
There's no more laying on the ground. I can barely change his diaper because he wants to sit up and he's almost crawling. He will scoot across the floor and he always ends up in places he's not suppose to be.....half way under couch, under ottoman, or trying to chew on a chord, string....etc. He's wearing some 6 months, but a lot more 12 months and 18 months. I love on cold days I can pull out John Tanner's old outfits and they fit him!! I did go to the kids market for the first time ( my sweet neighbor offered me a ticket).... I was overwhelmed but got a few cute things in all the madness!!!
Walker has been sleeping through the night for a month now....YIPPEEE!!! This is the best news to report....he and John Tanner sleep in the same room now...WHOOHOO!!! However, John Tanner stills naps in our room because they wake up at different times even though they go down around the same time....yeah for me because I get a little break in the afternoon.
Walker will wake up every once in a while in the middle of the night or early in the morning and John Tanner does not hear him. He takes 1 short morning nap (8:30-10 or so depending on our morning activity) and a longer afternoon nap (12-3ish).
Drinking out of sippy cup
John Tanner and Walker love this toy now that I've taken it out of the closet again.
I took Walker to the doctor because he was making these strange twitching movements with his left arm and face while eating. It was the strangest thing I've ever seen and it had been going on for over a week. The doctor felt like it was an over exaggeration while eating especially since he's just learning to eat....he didn't feel like it was a seizure or reflux. We will keep an eye on him.
~Happy 27 Months John Tanner~
Just like a little boy...lots of scratches...
VERY interested in BIG trucks....lots of construction going on in Crestline and they park all the vehicles right by the school....right by our house... how convenient:)!!
~Speech evaluation last Friday/Hearing Tuesday~
90% in receptive language and 85% in expressive
Hearing is great!!
Looks like John Tanner went through a huge growth spurt this past month. His speech and the amount of words he's saying is improving daily/weekly. As we knew his receptive language was on track, and expressive is a little lower, but according to the "bell shape curve" he's right where he needs to be. So, we have a checklist (the teacher in me loves those jk) and skills to work on at home. Children's on 3rd gave me lots of good information and peace of mind in case we ever hit another plateau.
In the meantime....he continues to be OBSESSED with turning ALL the lights on in the house.
And OFFFFFF!!! On our walks he likes to tell you if the outside lights are on and/or off. He will tell you if every lamp or light in the house is on and/or off....and let me tell you this.... we know which lights need light bulbs or to be plugged in...it's wild and constant!!!
*John Tanner loves to brush his teeth
*He loves to read ABC books
*He loves to watch SHAPES video and Numbers Ahoy
*He loves to eat tater tots...that's all he wants to eat.
*He's trying to learn to "sit" at the table and eat...I know that's a lot to ask of a 27 mth old...but he understands exactly what you are saying.
*He fake cries and Tanner and I call him out on it
*He will fall back and act like he hit his head and just..cry cry cry...with his eye squinted closed...thinking we are going to console him like we do Walker.
*He loves to go to Music class
* He loves to go to "school" and then when we go to church he says..."I see the cross"...melts my heart!!
*Most of all..he still loves loves loves his BROTHER!!!!
Even though they are growing quickly...they are still babies to us!!
My mom always says this and now I know what she means:)!!
No comments:
Post a Comment