background

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

John Tanner Sumners arrives July 1, 2010 at 12:15pm

Pops, Daddy, Mama Helen, Koko, and I ate a Cocina Superior the night before you were born.  We were all excited about your arrival tomorrow and we all wondered what you would be....boy or girl?  What you would look like?  We couldn't wait to meet you!!! 
I got to the hospital at 10:00AM and you were born 2 hours later....at 12:15PM.  Right away...your Daddy showed you off to Mama Helen, Pops, and Koko through the window in the waiting room.  Your daddy and I were so excited to have a baby boy.  YOU ARE A BOY.....and we will call you John Tanner!!! All I could think about was how much fun we would have camping, fishing, and hunting.  Your Daddy and I spent 2 hours with you alone in the room.  These 2 hours of your life were so special for us. 
PROUD MOMMY!!!  You nursed right away and from that moment on, we knew you would be a good eater!!  You weighed 7lbs 14oz....even though they said you were suppose to be 9lbs. 
You were 21inches long!!
Mama Helen
Daddy
Pops
Koko
AB...Daddy's friend from work!
Day #2 of Life... Shelly came by to visit.
Sarah, Jan, and Christin (mommy's teacher friends)
Dr. Stone
We had blue cupcakes and champagne to celebrate you birthday!
The "funny" story of your birth....
Mama Helen and Koko turned down the air because they were hot.  They also unswaddled you and took your hat off because they wanted to see your sweet body.  They blame themselves for your body temperature dropping, but it was just something that happened!!  Later that night... you had to be put on the heating table/lamp to help your body temperature to go up.  They put you on again and your body temperature dropped again.  They told me if they had to put you on there again you might have an infection.  At this point, your Daddy had walked "downstairs" to get a snack....eveything was closed.  A few hours later he came back all sweaty.!!??  He had walked to the gas station that was about a mile away.... please note: he had eaten ALL the snacks I packed for him, and he is now walking around late at night.  Anyway, I called Pops about 11pm to come to the hospital and check on you and ME!!  Pops held you for a few hours because Daddy was asleep and I was "sleepy" to take care of you.  You ended up being ok and your body temperature was ok.  I knew you would always be a fighter, and I think you and Pops bonded that night:)!!
We couldn't believe you were here and we had so much fun looking at you and kissing you!!
Going home...every outfit was SO big!
We swaddled you and kept you nice a warm everytime you slept. 
We didn't want your body temperature to drop again. 
First bath
Bentley loved meeting you too.  We put the doggy gate up.....  I sat on one side and Bentley and Daddy sat on the other.  We let Bentley lick and smell you.  It was 4th of July and we ate BBQ and listened to the fireworks..... We had no idea the sleepless nights ahead!


6 comments:

  1. He is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! What a beautiful family the three of you make! I am so happy for you Sherry...you have waited a long time for this. We are out of town right now, but when we get back, I want to come see ya'll! Congratulations and God Bless you girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so beautiful!! I am so happy for you and Tanner and precious John Tanner! I love these precious pictures. So sweet. I have been thinking about you and praying for you daily and can't wait to come see you once you get settled in as a family of 3. :) I love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sherry.. he is adorable! I can't wait to hold him. I will be in touch next week with yoou so I can come see ya'll.. I know you are enjoying every minute. congrats again.. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. john tanner is beautiful along with the going home outfit... wow! :) you look amazing as well! so glad everything is going so well! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry!!! John Tanner is so Sweet!!!! and you look amazing!!!! Congrats to you my sweet friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of Bentley and John Tanner

    ReplyDelete