background

Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekly Update..Last week until Baby Sumners Arrives!!


Mom, Tanner and I went for an Ultrasound today.  It was very exciting because Mom was there to experience the ultrasound and got a chance to SEE Baby Sumners for the first time.  She's had many chances to feel baby kick and move around over the past week.... 
but seeing him/her was definitely a treat!!! 



The nurse did another 3D ultrasound and confirmed that Baby Sumners has LOTS of hair and weighs 8 lbs 14 oz....big baby!!!  Dr. Kennedy confirmed that my cervix is still closed and baby hasn't dropped yet!  However, baby is BIG but doing well:)!!!  So, what's next..... Tanner and I want to wait until Wed. to make any  decisions on the next step.  If nothing happens from now until Wed... Dr. Kennedy wants to do a stress test on Wed. afternoon.  We talked options of inducing, but if nothing has changed it may be a long induction....possibly leading to a c-section.  We are anxious for baby to get here, but we are taking it easy "in the meantime."  My gut feeling... Baby Sumners will be here by Thursday.  Please continue to pray that we have a peace of mind about this decision come Thurs!!! 

Bentley is getting ready for Baby Sumners.....
We are using the giraffe and monkey to get him use to the swing.  He is also learning that all the stuffed animals are NOT his! 


6 comments:

  1. I love the Bentley prep!! And be sure to take an extra little receiving blanket to wrap baby in and at the hospital, so that you can give it to Bentley to help him get used to baby's scent. :) He'll be a great big bro-dog!
    Everything is going to be just fine! Rest and know that God has the perfect "birth"-day planned for baby Sumners!! I hope that you are enjoying these very special last days. This is the closest you will ever be to sweet baby and the only time you'll have baby completely to yourself. :) Such a precious time and I know it makes it extra special to have your sweet mom there with you!! I can't wait to hear the news. I am praying for you and your family and that sweet baby....and for sweet baby to have a peaceful and perfect entrance to this big world!!
    Love you, sweet friend!!
    melanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you continue to feel great and got good new at the doctor... i seriously CAN NOT wait to find out what baby sumners is... i don't know that I can wait much longer... thinking and praying for you TONS my sweet friend!!!! see you soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is all so very exciting. How fun you waited to know Baby Sumners' sex. We always thought that it is one of the last things that you can be surprised with by life. I'll be thinking of you, dear friend. I'm so glad you have this blog now and that I know about it! You've been busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pics!! i feel the same way as shelly!!! i can not wait!!! we love u and keep us posted!~ xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. yeah for you! I can't believe you have made it this far.. I know you are ready for that sweet baby to be here. I will be anxiously awaiting a message on my phone..=) thinking and praying for you.. keep us all posted.. can't wait to meet that sweet little one! love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Made it back in town, now you can have the baby! LOL - I love your pictures. I am praying for you and baby. It won't be long now....I am so excited for ya'll!

    ReplyDelete